because feck u dats why
Oui, Les Filles -a very specific mixtape by caligulablushed.
9 lovely ye-ye covers of American girl-group classics!
1. Soeurs Malette - La Première Fois (The Supremes)
2. Agnes Loti - Je Pars Sans Regrets (Irma Thomas)
3. Les Gams - Il a le Truc (The Exciters)
4. Muguettes - Concerto Pour Les Amoureux (The Toys)
5. Élégantes - Mon Soldat (The Shirelles)
6. Valerie Pascale - Demain Tu Peut Changer (The Shirelles)
7. Ria Bartok - Et Quelque Chose Me Dit (Earl-Jean)
8. Les Surfs - Reviens Vite Et Oublie (The Ronettes)
9. Annie Philippe - Baby Love (The Supremes)
Yay Mary Wilson lead vocal! Her voice is so lovely. I wish she was given the chance to sing more often.
So I finished reading that book on the Supremes, and it bummed me out, I tell ya. I’d always imagined that the girls were friends on some level, at least at the beginning, but nope, they really couldn’t stand each other, especially once they really took off. Bummer. I’m going to do some selective remembering, and retreat to a happy place full of amazing outfits and awesome songs such as this.
According to the book I’m reading, Diana Ross never figured out what this song was about. Uh huuuh… But anyway, yay Florence Ballard lead!
My girlfriend Diana Ross is amazingly energetic in this performance from 1964.
Now, all the men in the house! Are there any men in the house?
All right, I’m with that.
If you’ve got some body that’s alright, or if you want somebody that’s alright…. come backstage after the show, we’ll see what we can do.
- Diana Ross, onstage banter at a concert, 1964.